This two-day event brings together activists, artists, leaders of student and feminist movements, filmmakers and academics working on climate justice to propel new areas of collaboration, research and resistance. Programming
features talks, panels, documentary screenings, exhibits,
- Climate justice activism, development and displacement
- Climate change focused student and feminist politics in Pakistan
- Multispecies collaborative survival
- Culture, art and political ecologies
- Global South urbanism and climate change
- Sustainable entrepreneurship, fair trade and eco-ethical business
Doing Our Part
- We are taking several steps to minimize our carbon footprint for the conference. These include a no-print policy for conference materials, no personal disposable plastic water bottles, eco-friendly utensils and cutlery for food, minimal use of plastic if any, providing car-pool options and keeping some sessions outdoors. We ask all our guests to help us by being conscious of their own actions and giving us suggestions on best practices. We also ask you to bring your own refillable water bottles and utensils if you are uncomfortable using non-disposable ones.
- We have also invited some small businesses and entrepreneurs producing eco-friendly, fair trade, and Green products to set up stalls at the conference venue- do support them! If you would like us to invite a business, please get in touch.
- We hope to archive the conference discussions in a knowledge product. For this purpose, several Research Assistants will be taking notes and may also approach you separately. If you wish to stay involved in the research process, please let them know.
- The menu for the conference will serve only vegetarian food.
A study will be conducted to analyze the footprint of the conference and published in the knowledge product for the conference.